Hey curl friends! If you’ve been keeping up with my Youtube channel then you know all about my 2020 hair growth challenge. 2020 was the year I decided to get serious about hair growth alongside other things. It’s safe to say, we can all agree it was a crazy year! But before I start rambling, let’s stick to the topic of hair growth.
Last year, I challenged you all to come on this journey with me and I’m so happy to announce we will be continuing this hair growth challenge well into 2021
If you missed out on all the fun, click HERE to watch the video and see updated posts below.
How much did my hair grow in 2020?
When it comes to growing your natural hair, keep in mind that everyone’s hair growth rate is different. This can be because of genetics, health concerns, or simply how well you take care of your hair. So please don’t feel discouraged if you feel like your hair should be longer and don’t compare yourself to others. Use this blog post as inspiration and encouragement to help you on your own journey.
What helped to grow my natural hair in 2020
I’m pretty happy with my hair growth rate; I managed to grow my hair just over 3 inches. I can put that down to the following reasons:
- Low manipulations styles – I focused a lot on creating styles that did not pull on my edges or cause strain on my strands which always leads to a ton of headaches and breakage.
Related posts – 10 low manipulations styles for natural hair
- Moisture! – Keeping your strands moisturised ensures that your does not feel brittle and break off especially during the winter months when your hair is prone to become dry. I saw a huge difference once I started adding oils to my deep conditioner – that for me was the extra sauce I needed 🙂
Check out my winter wash day routine HERE!
- Supplements – Although there’s no scientific evidence to back this up, personally I saw a huge difference in my nails and hair after taking supplements.
Related post – Hair Growth Supplement Review
Overall, the main thing for me was that I was consistent 87% of the time, there were of course plenty of times when I slipped up and just could not be bothered. The aim is not to quit just take a break if you need and then keep it moving.
What didn’t work!
- Not trimming my hair often enough! I really slacked off when it came to trimming my hair, I had intended to go to the hairdressers but of course, lockdown in the UK just messed up my plans. After that, ya girl just got lazy. Anyway, this ended up resulting in a lot of single strands knots which I’m still having to deal with now.
Trim your ends sis! learn from my mistakes.
- Crochet braids! I installed these Crochet braids towards the end of the year and although they lasted me 3 weeks and looked bomb.com. My edges suffered! Yes, you heard right, the style of braids combined with the braiding pattern was too much for my fine natural hair which really thinned out my edges. I will still be doing crochet braids in the future I just need to be mindful that I have fine natural hair.
So what’s next!
After doing a whole year of this hair growth challenge I feel like a pro! Ok… I kid… But in all honesty, I feel better equipped to take on the 2021 hair growth challenge! I know what to do and what to avoid. I would love to help you on this journey.
if you haven’t already signed up, make sure you sign up to my private Facebook group HERE so you can get instant access to me and be surrounded with like-minded women on the same journey.
Download your Free 2021 hair Growth tracker & hair care guide HERE
Measure your growth from now and Grab your Length Check T-Shirt now!
Lastly, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram @queenteshna or use the hashtags when posting to #QT2021HGC 0R #happyhairgrowth
I would love to know your 2021 hair goals! Share them in the comments below!
Leave a Reply