Looking to get a frizz-free super defined curls for your wash n go? Girl I got you!!!
So I recently bought a Denman brush after years of avoiding it! I know I know I’m super late to the party but hey, like my mom always says it’s better late than never!
I noticed this was a styling essential for many naturally curly Youtubers but I figured I already had enough tools but boi was I wrong!
I love trying different hairstyles and techniques so I bought this Denman brush to experiment with my wash n go’s and to try out a different detangling method. Let me tell you… I was not disappointment!
How to use:
- On wet hair, smooth the leave-in conditioner in (using praying hand method)
- Add moisturiser and rake it in with your fingers
- Divide hair into sections and smooth down your styling product (I’ve used Camille rose curl maker but you can also use any gel)
- Take sections & brush starting from the bottom of your curls to prevent snags & breakage
- Shake the sections & watch your curl pattern appear
- Scrunch using a Tshirt & air dry/diffuse ( I left my hair to air dry for a few hours to avoid too much frizz)
- Separate curls/ pick and fluff for volume
Why you need a Denman brush for super defined curls!
After trying this Denman brush for the last few months – I can officially say I cannot go back to my comb because of how fantastic my wash & go’s have become! Warning: you will incur shrinkage!!
I’ve always preferred raking my fingers through my curls after adding my leave-in conditioner as you have seen many times in my wash-n -go tutorials because it distributes the products evenly, removes knots & helps to form several individual curl clumps instead of few thick ones.
However, I still don’t get the same shine & definition that using a Denman brush has!
My curls are super defined & remain knot-free longer -this is important because the longer my curls get, the more prone they are to frizz & tangles.
The only negative to using a Denman brush is the level of shrinkage! Girl… the shrinkage is real! I would advise you to keep this in mind before using a Denman brush for super defined curls. of course, they are many techniques on youtube to help with this.
Have you used a Denman for your wash n go’s or do you prefer to keep it strictly for detangling purposes?
Would love to hear your thoughts.